• Home
  • What does 80% health insurance mean?

What does 80% health insurance mean?

An insurance policy that covers 80% of healthcare costs generally means that the insurer will pay for 80% of the costs of covered medical services, while the policyholder is responsible for paying the remaining 20%. This type of policy is often referred to as an “80/20” policy.

For example, if you have an 80/20 policy and receive medical care that costs $1,000, the insurance company will pay $800 and you will be responsible for paying the remaining $200.

This type of policy can be a good option for people who are looking for coverage but want to keep their premiums lower. However, it is important to keep in mind that you may still be responsible for paying a significant portion of your healthcare costs, depending on the services you receive.

It is important to carefully review the terms of your insurance policy to understand what is and is not covered, as well as any deductibles, copays, or other out-of-pocket costs that may apply. This will help you understand your financial responsibility and plan accordingly.