• Home
  • What does 100 80 PPO mean?

What does 100 80 PPO mean?

A 100/80 PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) plan is a type of health insurance policy that covers 100% of the cost of certain preventive care services and 80% of the cost of other covered medical services.

Under this type of policy, the insurance company will typically pay 100% of the cost of preventive care services, such as annual check-ups, vaccines, and certain screenings. For other covered medical services, the insurer will pay 80% of the costs, while the policyholder is responsible for paying the remaining 20%.

For example, if you have a 100/80 PPO plan and receive medical care that costs $1,000, the insurance company will pay $800 and you will be responsible for paying the remaining $200.

This type of policy can offer a good balance between coverage and cost, as it provides full coverage for preventive care services and helps to reduce out-of-pocket costs for other medical care. However, it is important to carefully review the terms of the policy to understand what is and is not covered, as well as any deductibles, copays, or other out-of-pocket costs that may apply.