“react native execution failed for task appgeneratepackagelist” error occurs when there is an issue with the package list generation process when trying to run a React Native app using the command “react-native run-android” or “react-native run-ios”. This error is usually caused by one of the following reasons:
- Incorrect or outdated dependencies: Make sure that you have installed the correct versions of React Native and other dependencies, and that they are up-to-date.
- Corrupted or missing package files: Check if any of the package files are missing or corrupted and try reinstalling them.
- Node.js version incompatibility: Make sure that the version of Node.js you are using is compatible with the version of React Native you have installed.
- Missing gradle files or permissions: For android, check if the gradle files are present in the android/build.gradle folder and if not, download them and try again. Also, make sure the gradlew files in android/ folder have the execution permissions (chmod +x gradlew)
- Conflict in package versions: sometimes there are conflicts between different package versions. try running “yarn upgrade” or “npm upgrade” to fix them.
- Other dependencies issues: Sometimes other dependencies like JDK, SDK, etc. are not installed properly or the path not set correctly in the environment variables. Verify that all dependencies are installed and paths are set correctly.
To resolve this error, you should first check the error message, which might provide a clue as to what is causing the issue. After that, check your dependencies, package files, and Node.js version to make sure that they are correct and up-to-date. Additionally, make sure that gradle files and permissions are set correctly, and look for other dependencies that might be causing the issue. You may have to try different combinations to find the one that works for you.