A 90/10 health insurance plan is a type of policy that covers 90% of the cost of covered medical services, while the policyholder is responsible for paying the remaining 10%.
Under this type of policy, the insurance company will generally pay 90% of the cost of covered medical services, such as doctor’s visits, hospital stays, and prescribed medications. The policyholder is responsible for paying the remaining 10% of the costs, as well as any deductibles, copays, or other out-of-pocket expenses that may apply.
For example, if you have a 90/10 health insurance plan and receive medical care that costs $1,000, the insurance company will pay $900 and you will be responsible for paying the remaining $100.
This type of policy may be a good option for people who want a high level of coverage for their healthcare expenses but are willing to pay a higher premium in exchange. However, it is important to keep in mind that you may still be responsible for paying a portion of your healthcare costs, depending on the services you receive.
It is important to carefully review the terms of your insurance policy to understand what is and is not covered, as well as any deductibles, copays, or other out-of-pocket costs that may apply. This will help you understand your financial responsibility and plan accordingly.